Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fun with Visitors

We've had a steady stream of visitors since mid-May. I've had a great time showing people around London and here are some photos of the fun things we've done. 

My mom is a huge Harry Potter fan so I had to take her to Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station.

We also went to St Pancras, which was used in the Harry Potter films as Kings Cross, rather than the actual station. 

My friend Lisa is a huge Doctor Who fan. We made my mom come find the Tardis replica with us to take some photos. There were no time travel adventures in store for us because sadly, it was locked. 

I also made sure to take the ubiquitous Abbey Road photo with my mom when she was in town. The key is to go early Sunday mornings before the traffic and tourists get there. 

I went to afternoon tea at The Orangery at Kensington Palace with my friends Danielle and Ron. The food was beautiful and delicious. My favourite was the cream cheese mini bagel with salmon in the shape of a rose on top. 

After our tea, we walked to the Prince Albert Memorial in Hyde Park. I always love seeing this massive gold shrine to Queen Victoria's beloved husband.

When my friends Kim and Jeremy were visiting we happened upon the Ant Man premier in Leicester Square. We couldn't get very close but we were still able to see Paul Rudd, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Michael Douglas. It isn't great quality but this was the best photo I got of Paul Rudd. It makes me seem real creepy since I was basically behind a tree. 
I love having visitors and am always sad to see them go. But I especially love all the fun things I get to do when I have company in town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment