Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chelsea in Bloom

A few weeks back, my mom and I went to see the flower displays for Chelsea in Bloom. Retailers around Sloane Square create displays for their shop fronts made entirely out of flowers and greenery. This year was the 10th anniversary of this floral art show. 

This year's theme was "Fairy Tales." The displays are judged by both an expert panel and members of the public. 

Smythson won the Highly Commended award. Here is a close up of their display. They had butterflies and mushrooms made out of different kinds of flowers. 


We met up with my friend Pamela and her mom to see the displays. We really liked the Secret Garden display at Liz Earle. 

Kate Spade won the Innovation Award and the People's Champion Award. They were also last year's winner. The flamingos were amazing but I didn't see the connection to the fairy tale theme. 

The winner of the Best Floral Display was Sarah Chapman for this Sleeping Beauty display. The display was both on the inside and the outside of the store and was really creative. 

We all liked these Snow White themed apples at Moyses Stevens. They even had a bowl full of real red delicious apples in their display. 

My mom's favourite display was this Cinderella themed one from Browns. It was complete with Cinderella, her slipper, Fairy Godmother, and the golden carriage. 

My favourite was this Alice and Wonderland display at Brunello Cucinelli. I love the white rabbit's pocket watch. 

The displays were cool to see but I was expecting more stores to participate. It still made for a nice day out in the city. 

The Duke of York Square used a photo of Pamela and me at the Liz Earle display on their twitter account. Pretty cool to be featured there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment