Wednesday, May 11, 2016

So Much Food, Part 2

Workshop is known around London for their coffee but they should be known for their breakfast. I went a few weeks ago with my friend, Heather. She tried the eggs benedict and I had the french toast. Both were delicious!

Several markets have stands selling the Brazilian dessert called brigadeiros. They are like little balls of brownie batter covered in more chocolate. My favorite is the Oreo (shown below with black and white sprinkles). 

One Friday evening Warren and I went out with friends for oyster happy hour at Wright Brothers Mermaid Oyster Bar. I typically don't go out for oysters but for 1 pound each they were a great deal. And really good, too!
Mary, Kate, and me with our oysters
I went to Nordic Bakery near Golden Square a while back with my friends Lisa and Mark. I've been here before but this time I got a pastry filled with potato, egg, and butter. I was surprised to find that it was delicious.

Kate told me about a Polish place called Ogniska in South Kensington. We went there for lunch one day and tried the salmon blinis (a savory pancake with toppings) and pierogi (dumplings filled with potato and cheese). 

An American style pizza place, NY Fold, opened last summer. I prefer the pizza at Franco Manco and Pizza Pilgrims over NY Fold but it was still pretty good. But they did have fountain soda with free refills which is very unusual in London.

Last fall Blu Top Ice Cream and Vicky's Donuts teamed up for doughnut sundaes at The Crown and Anchor in Brixton. I tried the Castro which had bananascotch ice cream covered in salted chocolate crackle shell inside a chocolate glazed doughnut.

The Providores in Marylebone has a delicious brunch menu. I tried the stuffed french toast with bacon and was not disappointed. 

I've heard great things about Butchies friend chicken and was pleased to see their stand at the Feast of Saint George in Trafalgar Square last month. Warren and I split a chicken burger and it was amazing! I'd definitely get it again.

Meringue Girls were also at the Feast of Saint George so I tried both a watermelon meringue and this meringue sundae shown below. What could be better than meringue, you ask? Meringue topped with frosting, crushed nuts, and berry compote, of course!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post and lovely photos. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete