Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Measure for Measure

Last night I went to Measure for Measure at The Globe Theatre with a group of friends. I recently toured The Globe with my brother so it was fun to see a show there. I had not read Measure for Measure beforehand and was very pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it! 
I recognized the actor who played the Duke from Law and Order UK where he plays the lawyer, Jacob Thorne. He was really great on stage as the Duke, too. All of the actors were really great and I was surprised at how well they projected their voices even with airplanes flying overhead (it is an open air theater). 
I had a great night out at the theatre and really enjoyed the performance. For someone who doesn't really love Shakespeare all that much, I have seen a lot of live performances of his work lately. 

No comments:

Post a Comment