Sunday, December 28, 2014

Tourist Day

Last week we went to Westminster Abbey where we got free admission with our City Save cards for being residents of Westminster borough. Beats paying the £18 admission fee per person!

Below is a close up of the archway as you enter the Abbey.

Here are a few photos inside Westminster Abbey.


I liked the view of the courtyard area in the photo below since you can see part of the Houses of Parliament as well. 

Warren found one of the streets named after him!

We had lunch at Meat Market near Covent Garden, which came recommended by my friend, Cierra. It was by far the best restaurant burger I've had in a very long time. And the drinks had free refills! That never happens here. 

I got a cheeseburger which came with ketchup, mustard, pickles, and red onion. I typically don't like 3 out of those 4 things but it was a really great combination and I will definitely get the exact same thing next time, too! 

It was a great day seeing a major London site. I would recommend going to Westminster Abbey if you are interested in where many of the historic rulers are buried and I would recommend Meat Market to any burger lover!

2 comments:

  1. So much to do so little time. Ha. Is that we're King Henry is buried?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henry VII is buried in Westminster Abbey but the more famous Henry VIII is buried in Windsor Castle. We should go to Windsor when you come visit!

      Delete