Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Primrose Hill

The weather is getting nicer which means it is time for picnics in London's beautiful parks. A few weeks ago I met up with friends for lunch to celebrate Kate's birthday and then we headed to Primrose Hill for a picnic dessert. 
Sara, Kate, Pamela & Harvey, Mary, and me
Primrose Hill has an amazing view of central London and also has a local, well known bakery nearby.

I got a slice of Victoria Sponge cake to try since it is a very traditional British dessert. It was really good. Since they are so popular and offered almost everywhere it is easy to get a dry cake. But Primrose Bakery makes a really moist and delicious version. 

I also tried this Melting Moment which was described as two shortbread cookies filled with custard creme (two of my favourite things) but it was terrible. Seriously, I didn't even finish it. 

Everything else that the group tried was very good. The brownies, the cupcakes, the sponge cake. Just beware the terrible Melting Moment. 
I think I'm really going to enjoy London in the summer, if not for anything but picnics in the park with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment