Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Royal Baby

I considered myself so lucky to live in London for a royal birth. I have been looking forward to seeing the sign in front of Buckingham Palace and I actually planned to wait outside the hospital to see Kate and Wills come out with their new baby. It finally happened! But we were in Budapest. 

My friend Kate took this photo of the sign outside Buckingham Palace. She said they had crowd control gates set up all around the front of the palace and the people working there only gave you 10 seconds to take your photo before they made you leave. 
The tradition of posting a bulletin in front of Buckingham Palace dates back to 1837 and has been done at least as long as the palace has been the official royal residence. The announcement remains there for only 24 hours, so there was no way that I was going to be able to see it. 

I follow Kensington Royal on Instagram and Twitter and they posted this photo of the birth certificate. I love the mother's surname: Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge and also occupation: Princess of the United Kingdom. Amazing. Oh, and by the way...Princess Charlotte was registered at the same office where my friend registered her baby. Pretty cool thing to be able to say. 

It has been really cool to see the anticipation and excitement over the royal birth. I even got this offer from a train company for 8% off my rail fares since the baby weighed 8 pounds. Now if only Kate hadn't delivered the baby on the same weekend as a bank holiday!

I especially love all the signs to celebrate the royal birth. I saw this one at the Covent Garden tube station.


No comments:

Post a Comment