Sunday, February 14, 2016

Galentine's Day

As fans of Parks and Recreation know, February 13th is Galentine's Day, a day to celebrate your best girlfriends. I celebrated this year in the traditional way...eating waffles. In the words of Leslie Knope, the founder of Galentine's Day, "Friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third."

My favorite place for waffles that doesn't require a reservation months in advance is Electric Diner in Notting Hill. Although I've been a few times when the waffle iron is broken, they made sure it was in good repair for Galentine's Day!
Here I am with Lisa and Suzette...some of my favorite London gals
After brunch, Lisa and I went shopping on Regent Street and Covent Garden. We didn't end up buying anything because the sugar overload from the waffles made us feel slightly sluggish, but we did come across the end of a parade celebrating the Chinese New Year which was really cool.

All that walking around meant we were up for more sugar (a must when celebrating any holiday invented by Leslie Knope) so we went to Cereal Killer Cafe for their stacked hot chocolate. I tried the salted caramel and Lisa got the Nutella.

Here is a closer look at my salted caramel hot chocolate. It had chocolate chips, caramel flavored milk, a bite size millionaire bar, and loads of whipped cream and caramel sauce. Delicious!
I am lucky to have such amazing friends here, especially since I live far from my family and friends back home. I had a great time spending an entire day celebrating friendship.

1 comment:

  1. Hey!! Great to see your galentine’s day celebrations here. Loved this salted caramel hot chocolate. Would really love to throw a lovely galetine’s party next year at one of LA venues for all my friends. Just need to get some ideas to arrange it.

    ReplyDelete