Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Cream Tea

Last week Cierra and I had Cream Tea at Sketch off Regent Street. The decor is all pink and fabulous! The chairs are velvet and the place felt really swanky. 


Cream tea includes fruit scones served with clotted cream (the one that looks like ice cream in the photo below) and two kinds of jam (strawberry and fig). 

Sketch has a unique set of serving dishes. The other side of the sugar bowl says "It's Not Okay". 

I ordered the lemongrass and ginger herbal tea and it was delicious! For those of you not familiar with tea, you can see the strainer to the right of the teapot in the photo below. The first time I went to tea I kept forgetting to use the strainer so I'd end up with little bits in my tea. But I remembered this time as you can see from my perfectly strained tea below.

Here I am with my scones (pronounced scawns--like the ending of yawns). 

The people at the table next to us ordered afternoon tea and we were able to catch a glimpse of it before they were served. It looked incredible!

We had a lovely time at Sketch. I realise that ordering cream tea is a great way to go to some really fancy places but still maintaining your budget. 

2 comments: