Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kensington Palace

Last Saturday I went to Kensington Palace with my friends Cierra and Lisa. Tickets are half price right now until February 13th so the entry was only £7.50! Here I am trying to get in the beautiful side gates to the palace. 

Below is a photo of the King's Staircase leading to the King's State Apartments. 

The next few photos are of different rooms in the King's State Apartments. 



The Queen's State Apartments were really disappointing so I didn't even take any photos there. I found the entire palace very underwhelming. The gardens outside were beautiful and they are open to the public without a ticket. 

Here is my friend, Cierra, and me by the Queen Victoria statue. Kensington Palace is where Queen Victoria was born and raised. The exhibit called Victoria Revealed was one of the more interesting parts of the palace. They had items on display that belonged to Queen Victoria and Prince Albert and quotes from her diary corresponding to the different items and rooms.

My favourite part of the palace was trying on the sample clothing from different time periods with Cierra and Lisa. It was a blast!




Last week Cierra and I went to lunch at The Fish and Chip Shop in Islington. It was really good! The breading was much thinner on this fish than most fish and chip places. And the chips were super good!

We also got gelato at Udderlicious which was just a few doors down from The Fish and Chip Shop. 

Udderlicious had so many different unique flavours. I wanted to try them all!

I got a scoop of rhubarb and fig which was amazing! Cierra got a scoop of dark chocolate and sea salt sorbet. Udderlicious is the best gelato I've had so far in London. But I'll keep sampling more places just in case.

Last week I also met up with Mary for a Moroccan cooking class at L'atelier des Chefs. The class was 30 minutes long and only cost £15. It was so much fun and I learned a lot, especially about knife skills!

We made Moroccan spiced chicken with lemony couscous and it was delicious! I can't wait to try the recipe at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment