Thursday, October 15, 2015

Shiny New Things

Lemon curd is a smooth fruit spread that is almost like pie filling but with a stronger citrus taste. I know it is available in the US but it seems to be everywhere here in London. I've seen lemon curd yogurt, ice cream, sweet rolls, puddings, and tarts. My favourite lemon curd is this one from Fortnum & Mason and I usually just put it on toast. 

One of my new favourite stores is Telegramme Paper Company. They make these amazing cards and prints. They are really great quality with kraft paper envelopes.

I bought the card below just because I liked the outside design. But then when I got it home and opened it I found that it has two pages of lined paper inside to write an even longer card. 

Telegramme also recently came out with these animal prints and cards. I bought a collection of four because if you buy three cards online you get a fourth for free. I can't wait to see what other cute designs they come up with!

And finally, a new show I've discovered since moving to London is 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown. This is a combination of two shows: 8 Out of 10 Cats (a show where teams of comedians try to guess answers to opinion polls) and Countdown (a gameshow where contestants solve math and word puzzles). In this version, the regular comedians from 8 Out of 10 Cats compete against each other with other guest comedians. It is hard to describe but definitely worth watching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment