Wednesday, October 28, 2015

When The Smiths Come to Town

Last week Warren's aunt and uncle came to visit us and I had a great time playing tour guide in this wonderful city. Here I am with Warren's aunt on the Millennium Bridge with St Paul's Cathedral in the background. Some may recognize this bridge as the one destroyed by Death Eaters in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. 

We walked past this beautiful carousel on our walking tour of the Queen's Walk along the River Thames. It was fun to see some parents and kids going for a spin even on a cold and rainy afternoon. 

The Queen's Walk took us all the way down to Tower Bridge, which looks absolutely amazing lit up for the evening. 

Over the weekend, Shelly and I went shopping and bought these matching scarves on Oxford Street. Great timing, too, since the weather has started getting really cold. 

We went out for dinner at the new Dishoom location in Soho. Below is a photo of our desserts: Pineapple and Black Pepper Crumble (left) and Chocolate Pudding with Kashmiri Chili Ice Cream (right). Both were delicious!

Shelly and I went to see Matilda Sunday afternoon and then met up with the guys at Rock and Sole Plaice in Covent Garden. This is my favorite fish and chips place in London and it was just as good as ever. 

On our way back after dinner we walked through Chinatown. It was busy even on a Sunday evening. 
We had such a great time with our visitors. I was sad to see them go, as usual. I was surprised that even Poppy had a good time since she usually doesn't like having intruders in her space. 

4 comments:

  1. Fun! :) Thanks for taking care of my parents!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time hanging out with them. Can't wait for your trip next year!

      Delete
  2. Poppy is so cute! I love that shot of the Tower Bridge in the evening. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love some Rock and Sole right about now...yumo. Poppy certainly looked thrilled. =)

    ReplyDelete