Monday, September 15, 2014

Buckingham Palace! And Other Awesome Stuff...

My sister and brother-in-law came to visit us in London this weekend. We ate loads of interesting foods (jacket potatoes with beans and cheese on top, hot dog flavored potato chips, and brown sugar mints to name a few), spent time walking around the city and my sister and I even toured the state rooms at Buckingham Palace. 

The tour was great, the rooms were incredible! If you plan to come to London for a visit and want to do the tour, plan your trip for August since that is the only time it is open. This year the queen extended her stay at Balmoral in Scotland so the palace was open for tours both August and September. Here we are at the end of the tour. Sadly, photography is not allowed inside so this is the only photo I have. 

This week is London Fashion Week. We happened upon some models doing a photo shoot in Covent Garden and I snapped this picture from the back of their shoot.

Also in Covent a Garden we walked past Five Guys Burger and Fries! This is just part of the line to get in. I'm sure we will go there sometime when we are feeling homesick. 

I will put up posts later this week with more about our chip taste test and the Japanese sweets my sister likes to eat, but this is what we had for lunch Sunday at the Spitalfield Market. One dish is macaroni and cheese, mushy peas, and sweet potato. The other is a steak and kidney pie with mashed potatoes and gravy. All of it was awesome. 

Due to some issues I am experiencing with the internet right now, that is all I will post. But we hope to have internet at our apartment early next week and maybe some temporary internet before that. More to come...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my it all sounds ultra fun. So good to see you and Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you toured the palace. How awesome! I hope the queen steps out sometime during your stay in London. Also, with the new royal baby...that should be exciting to be part of!

    ReplyDelete