Saturday, September 20, 2014

Marylebone High Street

This last week Warren was in Paris for work and brought me macarons! He brought me lemon, raspberry, strawberry, coconut, vanilla, pistachio, and chocolate (which I think he brought for himself because he knows I don't like chocolate and figured I wouldn't share the others. He was right.) I think lemon, pistachio, and vanilla were my favorites but they were all really good. 

Then today we walked to Marylebone High Street for some shopping and dinner. We started at the Cabbages and Frocks Market and found more macarons. They were incredible! We tasted samples of Cucumber and Spiced Roasted Pumpkin and bought Elderflower + Fresh Mint and Apple + Cinnamon. They were really flavorful and I wanted to go back and get one of each kind that was left but Warren reminded me that we still have more at home that he brought back. I guess we'll just have to go again to try some more. Here is a picture of the booth but as you can see it was pretty picked over by the time we got there. 

We went to a bookstore called Daunt Books which is well known for their amazing travel section that covers the entire top floor. We bought a book on London that includes maps as well as blank sheets to log restaurants and favorite sites. 

We had dinner at an Italian restaurant called Osteria Ambrosia. I ordered bruschetta for the appetizer and Warren got calamari. For dinner I had risotto with mushrooms and Warren had chicken wrapped in parma ham with zucchini. Typically Warren's food is always better than mine but not this time. My food was really awesome and his was lackluster. Here is a picture of my bruschetta which was by the far the best part of the whole meal. It was really well put together and the balsamic vinegar was delicious. 

We walked to the Baker Street station and took the tube home rather than walking back since we had purchased some groceries and needed to get them in the fridge. I thought the station was really cool with some old details still intact.
 

One feature of London that we didn't have back home in Nebraska is these underground restrooms on the street. We happened across this one on our way back to Baker Street. It costs 50p (80 cents) to use the facilities.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment