Sunday, September 28, 2014

Dublin Part One

This weekend Warren and I met up with my sister and her husband in Dublin. It feels similar to London in a lot of ways but there are some striking differences. The people seems friendlier, the buildings and streets seem grittier, and the food seems more Americanized than the food in London.


Here we are outside Christ Church. Not our best photo because it was so bright that morning.

We also went to the historic Marsh Library where we experienced an accent incident. I asked about the white books and the worker thought I asked about the weight of the books. No matter how many times I said white, he heard weight. But I didn't catch on to the fact that our pronunciations were different so it was never resolved and we just had a really weird conversation.

Inside the library...

We ate at this famous fish and chips place called Leo Burdock. The fish and chips were amazing! Probably better than what we've had in London.

 Here is a closer look at our gorgeous lunch.

I will still be in Dublin a few more days, but Warren had to get back to work. So more photos of Dublin to come later this week...






1 comment: