Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cinderella

My friend Pamela arranged tickets for us to see the Cinderella exhibition at Leicester Square a few weeks ago. The exhibition features some costumes and sets from the new live action movie. 

My favourite was right at the entrance where they had original drawings and promotional material from the animated Cinderella in 1950. 



Here we are in one of the rooms in Cinderella's family home (from left to right: Mary with baby Harvey, Kate, me, and Pamela).

This dress, worn by Cinderella's stepmother, (played by Cate Blanchett) was stunning. I haven't seen the movie but this seems like a perfect dress for the stepmother. 

I thought these little mice were adorable. Gus was my favourite character in the animated movie.

I love Helena Bonham Carter so I had to pull myself together when I saw two of her costumes. I love her but I have a hard time imagining her as the fairy godmother. She does an amazing job no matter what so I'm sure she is fabulous in this. 

Swarovski provided over 1.7 million crystals for the costumes including this fairy godmother dress below. 

I really enjoyed the movie stills and the sketches of the costumes. 

The exhibit included over 100 props and 30 original costumes. Here I am in the pumpkin turning into a carriage.

The blue dress worn by Cinderella had over 10,000 crystals on it. It was beautiful but I thought the stepmother's dress was much more striking even without crystals. 

There were several of these very sparkly crystal slippers on display. They had this cute thing at the end where they were taking photos of kids and photoshopping the glass slipper on their foot. To be honest I was bit jealous. 

We all really enjoyed the exhibit and can't wait to see the movie now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment