Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Candy

I have been really impressed with all the beautiful Easter candy displays in so many stores. While I was at Fortnum and Mason I saw so many delightful little sweets that I just had to take some photos.

All of the beautiful packaging makes for a lovely Easter display. 


These marzipan hot cross buns were really cute. Hot cross buns have been available in almost every bakery and grocery stores in preparation for Easter. I don't really like the taste of them but Warren likes them. They are like a sweet roll with raisins and cinnamon. But of course these pictured below will taste like marzipan.

I love the detail on these chocolate lollies. 

Here is a special Easter Tea, which includes floral and citrus tones for Spring. I've never tried it but I liked the canister.


My favourite Easter candy comes from Hotel Chocolat. They make these raspberry egglets that are insanely good. Below is a photo of their combination packs of egglets which look too beautiful to eat in my opinion. I will be sad when Easter is gone and they no longer sell these.

Hummingbird Bakery makes delicious cupcakes and their Easter cupcakes look adorable!

I love popping into Daylesford, which is an expensive organic food store, but it was especially fun to go around Easter. They had this hollow chocolate hen that was really detailed. Even with all that detail, I was still surprised to see that it costs £100!

I've never seen this back in the states but something that is popular here are chocolate eggs that are filled with a softer chocolate. You crack open the outer chocolate layer and then eat the inner filling with a spoon like a soft boiled egg. Although I think these ones from Daylesford are real egg shells filled with chocolate which is quite different than the ones I've seen at most grocery stores.

I can only imagine how excited some kids will be to receive any one of these chocolate figures for Easter.



Even though there are so many different kinds of candy available for Easter I haven't seen my favourite from the US: Peeps (for my UK friends: Peeps are basically marshmallows in the shape of chicks covered in sugar). Also, in the US they sell M&Ms and other candy in seasonal and holiday colours. But I haven't seen that in the UK either. 

Another thing I've noticed about holiday candy here in the UK is that it doesn't go on sale very much after the holiday is over. In the US Halloween or Christmas candy goes on sale for as much as 75% off. But Halloween and Christmas candy was the same price for weeks after the holidays and then were only discounted maybe 30%. I'll be interested to see if it is the same for Easter candy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment