Monday, February 2, 2015

21 The Market

A few weeks ago Warren and I had dinner with some of his coworkers that are also in London on temporary assignment. In order from left to right: Maura, Warren, Danielle, Matt, Dennis, Meg, Josh, Pamela, me, Mike, Scott, Kate, Mary, and John.

We all met at 21 The Market in Covent Garden. Warren and I both ordered the Cornish Crab Linguine. My friend Pamela also ordered it and when she asked the waiter what type of sauce it had he said, "the crab is the sauce." We laughed about it but he was not joking around. There was so much crab in this dish!

We also tried the Arancini with gorgonzola, pumpkin, and sage. Arancini are balls of risotto that are then fried. I'm not a huge fan of gorgonzola but Warren really enjoyed these.

Everyone humoured me by letting me take photos of their meals. Josh got the spaghetti and meatballs with a white sauce. 

Here are a few of 21's pizza options. I think the one on the right is La Contida with cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, courgettes, artichoke, goat's cheese, pesto, and parmesan. The one on the left is Alla Roma with mozzarella, parma ham, mascarpone, red onion, and rocket (aka arugula).

Our friend Matt got the "Seabass Cooked in a Paper Bag" and they were not messing around! It came still in the paper bag.

 I absolutely loved this little dutch oven that the Salt Marsh Lamb Ragu was served in! 

For dessert we had this cookie sundae. The cookies were overcooked and incredibly hard which made it really difficult to eat. I think the flavour was good so it probably would have been great if they were a bit softer. 

The food at 21 The Market was pretty good but the company of our friends overshadowed the food. When we first moved to London it was really difficult to adjust. I spend a lot of time with the wives of Warren's coworkers. Knowing people who are going through the same thing has made our adjustment to London life so much smoother. Plus, everyone is just really fun! We are really lucky to have such great friends here in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment