Tuesday, February 17, 2015

More Street Food

I am so excited that my favourite street food group, Kerb, is now coming to Paddington once a month! I got together with some friends for their first one. I tried a slow braised bulgogi brisket Korean burrito at Kimchinary. It was pretty spicy but really tasty. 


We all split a cookie dough brownie from Batch Bakery. It was amazing! It was so good that I also got a salted caramel brownie to split with Warren later. The salted caramel one was awesome but I might prefer the cookie dough one. The cookie dough brownies are featured in the centre of the photo below.

Brownies in London are kind of pricey. As you can see from the menu below one brownie is typically around £3 or $4.50. These ones at Batch were worth it since they were something I can't make at home. But I don't know if I'll ever be able to buy a plain brownie here.

A few months ago I met up with a couple of friends at a restaurant called Banana Tree in Maida Vale. They describe themselves as an Indochina Kitchen so they serve two of my favourite kinds of food: Thai and Vietnamese. And they have a great lunch special that goes until 7pm where you can get a full meal for around £6. 

My friend Rebecca ordered the Legendary Chicken Rendang. One thing Brits do is describe their food as "gorgeous" even when describing the flavour. 

I had the Crispy Chicken with Mango and Sweet Lime Sauce. To steal a line from Rebecca, it was absolutely gorgeous!

London has some amazing food options which makes for some really fun outings with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment