Saturday, February 14, 2015

Haberdashery at Liberty

I spent last Friday with my friend, Cierra. We started off with some breakfast at Gail's in St John's Wood. 

  Gail's has amazing baked goods. Cierra said the scones are really great.

I got one of their cinnamon rolls which are made with croissant dough. It was so good! The cinnamon rolls are the ones in the centre of the tray pictured below. There were only two left so I was glad I got one!

Gail's also has amazing hot chocolate. It is like drinking a melted chocolate bar: super thick and creamy. 

After breakfast we went to Liberty, which has been open since 1875. It is in this amazing building off Regent Street. 


The interior of the building is just as interesting and intricate as the outside. 


Liberty had some really cool displays for Valentine's Day. 

Liberty has an amazing Haberdashery section and is best known for their unique floral and paisley fabric prints. These were a few of my favourites. 


After shopping at Liberty and a few other places, we went for lunch at Herman Ze German. 

I really liked the decor, especially the meat grinders on the wall. 

I was being boring so I just got a plain bratwurst. If you notice in the background of this photo is a glass bottle that says "the wurst is yet to come". At the top of this stick is a number and that is how they know to which table to bring the order. I love a good pun!

Cierra got the bratwurst with fried onions and we split the chips. Everything we tried was delicious! 

I loved the logo for Herman Ze German. Too bad I already have too many tote bags.

Even though we were nowhere near Islington, we then headed to Udderlicious for dessert. I tried the cherry gelato and it was amazing! Every time I come here I find a new favourite gelato. The toffee popcorn is also amazing but this cherry one has moved to my number one position. 

1 comment: