Friday, July 24, 2015

Affordable London Souvenirs

We've had a lot of visitors lately which has me thinking about the best souvenirs from London. There are loads of shops like Cool Britannia that sell every souvenir imaginable, but I like to bring back something a little more unique.
Cool Britannia merchandise and mascot
I always like bringing local candy for friends and family but I want something that I can keep long term for myself. These are my favourite souvenirs from London that cost less than £10.

Tins--Loads of stores sell really beautiful biscuit or tea tins. I like these because the cookies inside are usually delicious and I keep the tins to store pens or little odds and ends. 

Mugs--Tea has such a presence in England so it is easy to find great mugs and teacups with cute London prints. I have one with a floral pattern so it isn't over the top London but it still feels very English to me. 

Pop Up Cards--These laser cut greeting cards of London landmarks are really popular here. I don't have one of these but I think it would be a great keepsake to keep on a desk as a reminder of London.

This next one is my favourite London souvenir. It is a postcard version of a Stephen Wiltshire drawing. He is an artist with autism and he draws detailed city scenes, often from memory. The one pictured below is Piccadilly Circus and is one of the few available in colour (most of his work is only black ink).  

Reusable bags--I love getting reusable bags from places I visit. It is nice to be reminded of a fun holiday when I'm out grocery shopping or running errands. 
Mary with her favourite Fortnum and Mason bag
Tea Towels--I see these for sale at a lot of shops and museum stores. Similar to the reusable bags, I like little reminders of past holidays when I'm doing day-to-day tasks, like kitchen work. 
Hopefully this list will help future visitors find beloved souvenirs while keeping within trip budgets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment