Monday, July 6, 2015

Food, Glorious Food

I haven't posted a compilation of food photos in a while but it isn't because I haven't been trying new foods and restaurants. Here are some things I've tried over the last few months.

Rola Wala is a food truck that sells Indian street food. I tried them at Street Feast (a large and amazing gathering of food trucks on summer weekends) last month with my mom. We tried the barbeque chicken tikka, beetroot channa dal, and goan pulled pork naan sliders. The naan was crispy and the toppings were delicious and well thought out. Our favourite was the pulled pork one. We also tried their mango, lime, and turmeric soda which was also delicious.

Another day my mom and I went to Pull'd near St Paul's Cathedral for pulled pork sandwiches. They were pretty good, and would definitely fulfil a craving for pulled pork but I wouldn't seek them out. 

A few weeks ago I went to Dishoom for an Indian feast with my friends, Danielle and Ron, who were visiting from New York. We tried the black house daal, chicken berry britannia biryani, gunpowder potatoes, and naan. This was my second time at Dishoom and it was just as good as the first time. 

I went to Mildred's, a vegetarian restaurant with my vegetarian friend, Lisa. We split the chocolate and peanut butter brownie and it was amazing! I couldn't even tell it was vegan.

I've mentioned Rock and Sole Plaice before, but I took my mom here because they are my favourite fish and chips in London. It is really close to the theatre district so it is a great place to get dinner before or after a show. 

I finally tried Nandos, a chain that sells Portuguese style chicken. We got the mango and lime sauce on our chicken because I don't like spicy food and it was really flavourful. But the best part about Nandos is the free soda refills and crushed ice! It felt like I was back in America. 

When my friends Danielle and Ron were visiting we also took them to The Elgin, a pub in Maida Vale near our flat. We tried the cheese and garden peas with flatbread and ham croquettes. Their menu changes based on the season so I'm sure it will be different next time I go, but it is still nice to have a quality pub within walking distance. 

A friend of mine recommended the milkshakes at Byron and I finally tried one. I got the Oreo milkshake and I think it was even better than the milkshakes at Gourmet Burger Kitchen, which is saying a lot. 
I think the access to amazing food is the best part of living in London. I thought Omaha had great food (it does) but London has a great variety of food to match any budget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment