Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Matilda and More

My mom and I went to two shows when she was here. The first was Matilda, which came highly recommended by some friends. We both really enjoyed it and I immediately wanted to see it again!

The stage is surrounded by books with letters on the cover spelling different words. It was really colourful and fun. The actors were amazing, especially the man who played Miss Trunchbull. 

The halls leading to the theatre had advertisements that went along with the plot to the musical. My favourite musical is typically the last one I saw and Matilda was no exception. 

We also went to the play, American Buffalo, that was showing in Leicester Square. My mom loves Damien Lewis so that was a big motivation for us to get tickets. It also starred John Goodman and Tom Sturridge. 

American Buffalo is not the kind of play I typically see but I was blown away by these amazing actors. We were really glad that we went and the plot was a topic of our conversations for quite some time afterwards. 
I love taking advantage of the many incredible shows in London. So many of them I hadn't even heard of before moving here, like American Buffalo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment