Monday, August 31, 2015

A Birthday Feast

I celebrated my birthday with London friends before and after my trip to Amsterdam. It all started with Lisa, Warren, and The Breakfast Club on a Saturday morning. 

I had heard great things about The Breakfast Club and figured that it must be awesome since the line was so long. I got The All American but was a bit disappointed. No breakfast with the word "American" in it should be served with such a small amount of syrup. 

Lisa read about the Scotch Egg Burger at The Star of Kings pub near Kings Cross. A burger with a scotch egg instead of a bun? She knows me very well, indeed. 

These were available at the pub for a limited time and the cashier told us that we got the last ones! I love exclusive things, so I was thrilled to hear that I had the last one of the season. It was so salty! I'm still glad I tried it since it is a combination of so many of my favorite things. 

After I got back from Amsterdam a group of my friends gathered at Dinerama (a gathering of food trucks) for my birthday. I have been wanting to try Mama Wang's for so long and they had a stand there! The hand pulled noodles did not disappoint. It was delicious! Mama Wang's is definitely in my top three list of favorite food trucks. 

Since Warren was there to split everything with me I also tried the lobster tacos from Bob's Lobster. They were also really good. I would definitely get them again. 

Of course, I also got You Doughnut for dessert. Mary was so thoughtful and brought a candle to put in my doughnut 'cake.' 
Me, Pamela, Sara, Kate, and Mary at Dinerama
I am so lucky to have such amazing friends here in London. This was one of my favorite birthdays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment