Thursday, August 13, 2015

Burgers and Pancakes and Ice Cream, Oh My!

It has been a busy two months for my tastebuds. When my friends, Kim and Jeremy, were here we went to The Bread Shop in St Johns Wood for some Quarkinis. They are like large, super moist doughnut holes. They are made with quark, which is a soft cheese popular in Germany.

Kim, Jeremy, and I also went to Dinerama for Street Feast. We tried several food trucks including: pork and shrimp buns at Yum Bun, the kimchi burger at Busan BBQ, and nitrogen frozen ribs at BBQ Lab.

On another night the four of us went to Whiskey Ginger in Borough Market. The burgers were actually pretty good, especially with their special Whisky Ginger mayonnaise. 

I take every visitor to Udderlicious, my favourite place in London. The flavour of the season is strawberry and basil. It was delicious (like everything at Udderlicious) but wild cherry is still my number one. 

At Comptoir Libanais my friend Lisa and I split the mezze platter with baba ghanuj, hummous, tabbouleh, falafel, lentil salad, cheese sambousek, and pita bread. Everything was amazing but I especially liked the hummous and falafel. 

Franco Manca serves delicious sourdough pizzas for around £5. I got this pizza with buffalo ricotta and basil and it was awesome. 

Lisa and I headed to Soho for this popcorn ice cream with smoked fudge sauce at Barnyard. It is almost half price if you get takeaway rather than eating in. The soft serve tasted exactly like toffee popcorn and the fudge was amazing. 

Some friends introduced Warren and me to this hole in the wall sandwich place by Queensway called Taza. The mixed meat shawarma was really good but they make a terrible falafel. 

I've been dying to try the ricotta pancakes with bananas and honeycomb butter at Granger and Co. and they were well worth it! This dish includes so many things I love: ricotta, bananas, and pancakes.

Several people recommended Dirty Burger so we finally tried it. We got cheeseburgers, onion fries, and crinkle fries. I really liked the onion fries after I shook off some of the salt. The burgers were disappointing but I think they just had way too much mustard. 

I met up with some friends for lunch at a Korean restaurant called Gogi. I got the beef dolsot bipimbap, a mixture of cooked beef, vegetables, rice, and a raw egg yolk. Going there for lunch made me want to go back to try the dinner menu where they cook the meat at your table. Hopefully Warren and I can try that out soon. 
This has been a summer of trying new restaurants and most of the food has been delicious!

2 comments:

  1. I need to bookmark this post and try everything. Looks so good! I could seriously live on mixed shawarma from Taza. The guys there know me now, and always stuff my shawarma full of goodness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many delicious options in London! Let's go to Taza together sometime!

      Delete