Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Borough Market

My sister and her husband are visiting this week. Yesterday my brother-in-law, Zach, and I went to the Borough Market near London Bridge.

We tried a cheesy pretzel from this German-style bakery stand. It was super good!


I have expressed my fondness for scotch eggs in previous posts and there is a scotch egg stand in Borough Market! I didn't try one because I couldn't bring myself to pay 4.50 for one. But they did look really good. Maybe next time.
  
This pie place also looked really good. And in the back right corner were more scotch eggs! 

For lunch we went to the Spanish stand, but we don't think our lunch was traditional food from Spain. 

This tortilla was filled with spicy chorizo; squid; roasted green, yellow, and red peppers; hard boiled egg; lettuce; cabbage; apple; black olives; and tomatoes. Below is a photo of the filling for our burrito being warmed on the grill. Even though I don't like spicy food, this was really good. I'm glad Zach encouraged me to try it because typically I wouldn't have done it on my own. But I would definitely get this again!

At this stand with Turkish food Zach and I tried borek, which is a flaky pastry filled with feta cheese. It was also delicious. 
 More options at the Turkish food stand. 

This next photo was from a German sausage stand.

And more things we didn't actually try but that had really cool displays. This store had cheeses from Switzerland. 

This fruit and veg stand was so vibrant and beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment