Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas Market in Hyde Park

Today I met up with my friends Danielle, Kate, and Scott at the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. There were so many people! They were only letting people enter in phases and once we were in it was difficult to walk through because of the crowd. 



We all agreed that the Winter Wonderland felt like a mix between a Christmas Market and a State Fair. Most of the booths and food felt like it was right out of Germany...






...but then there were also roller coasters and a ferris wheel, which is more like a state fair. 


Danielle and I split Langos (Hungarian fried bread) with sour cream and cheese. It was crazy hot and super fresh!

As much as I love British cheddar cheese, it would have been nice if they offered some sweet toppings in addition to the savoury ones. 

We also split raclette on bread. I love raclette and was pleasantly surprised to find it at this market. They take a giant half-wheel of the cheese and place it under a broiler until it gets bubbly and melty. Then they spread it on either a piece of heavy bread (ours tonight had sunflower seeds in it) or boiled potatoes. 



My sister left me the rest of her unlimited travel pass when she left yesterday so I tried to hit up some of my favourite places that are a little far for me to walk. I got macarons at my favourite stand in Marylebone at the Cabbages and Frocks market. I also went to my new favourite specialty grocery store, Daylesford. What I saved in transportation costs I made up for with my purchases!
The macaron flavours I got (in order from top down) were cucumber and mint, apple and elderflower, fig and honey, lemon curd, apple cranberry, and another cucumber and mint. I can't wait to crack open the tomato and chilli jam from Daylesford and eat it with some mature British cheddar cheese! It tastes way better than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment