Saturday, March 21, 2015

A Curious Incident

Monday night I saw The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time at the Gielgud Theatre near Leicester Square. 

The theatre was beautiful, as most buildings in London seem to be. 


To be honest, this play wasn't even on my radar of things I wanted to see. But this was the book we were reading for book club this month and I thought that I could see the play to get out of reading it. 

The play was incredible! It was so well done and the story was unpredictable (mostly because I hadn't read the book). The stage was set up like a grid and they used the floor and all the walls throughout the entire play. I was seriously so impressed with it and would highly recommend it.

The main character, Christopher, loves prime numbers so all the prime numbered seats had this special cover on them. If you had the prime number seat and your name added up to a prime number (with A=1, B=2, and so on) then they had a special button for you in the lobby. 

One person in our party, Jaimee, had a name that added up to a prime number! Here she is with her special button. She thought it was pretty underwhelming, but I thought it was cute. It is a smiley face drawn over a grid. 

Here is our group selfie at Piccadilly Circus. From left to right: Ceirra, me, Lisa, Kjrsten, and Jaimee in the front. It was such a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment