Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Our Eggcellent Cadbury Adventure

I love Easter candy. One of my favourites is Cadbury Creme Eggs. Here in the UK there seems to be so many more versions of creme eggs. When my sister and brother-in-law were in town we thought it would be fun to try out several varieties of these creme egg themed sweets. We gave each a rating based on a 5 star scale. This is not compared to all other sweets just compared to creme egg sweets.

We used the regular size creme eggs as a starting point.
Zach: "How do they not sell these year round?" 5 Stars
Jackie: "Bit too much of a sugar bomb." 2 Stars
Rachael: "Better in the UK than in the US. They actually have a taste besides just tasting like sugar." 4 Stars
Warren: "Still not my favourite candy." 3 Stars

Then we tried the mini creme eggs.
Zach: "Suffers from the same proportion issues as mini Reese's peanut butter cups." 4 Stars
Jackie: "Sometimes you get halfway through a creme egg and can't finish it. This is about a half portion so it is a perfect size." 4 Stars
Rachael: "I wish it had more filling but it is still good." 3 Stars
Warren: "Ditto on Zach's comment." 3 Stars



On to creme egg biscuits. These are chocolate cookies with creme egg filling and coated in more chocolate.
Zach: "I like them but they aren't very creme egg-y. They are good as a regular biscuit." 3 Stars
Jackie: "I like biscuits. I like chocolate. I like creme eggs. So this was a slam dunk." 4 Stars
Rachael: "It was okay. I wish it had more filling." 2 Stars
Warren: "I won't have another." 2 Stars

Next were the creme egg pudding pots with creme egg pudding topped with chocolate pudding.
Zach: "If I was just reviewing pudding I would give it a really good score. But this is about creme egg pudding which it didn't taste like at all." 1 Star
Jackie: "Really good, but it doesn't taste very much like a creme egg." 5 Stars
Rachael: "I love it! I love pudding and this one is really creamy." 5 Stars
Warren: "Best one out of all of them." 5 Stars

We also tried the creme egg ice cream bars. These are vanilla ice cream bars covered in chocolate with a fondant filling.
Zach: "I feel sick." (Zach didn't try this one because he had too many creme egg products for the day)
Jackie: "It tastes like any other chocolate covered ice cream bar." 1 Star
Rachael: "I don't like it at all. The ice cream isn't even very good. I wouldn't eat it again." 1 Star
Warren: "There is better ice cream out there." 1 Star
The experiment ended with belly aches and a serious sugar crash. The things I do for the love of my readers. So in the end the puddings and original creme eggs were the favourite pick amongst these reviewers. Hopefully this will inspire you to venture out and consider trying something new this year with Easter candy. I know there are plenty more choices back home in the US of A!

No comments:

Post a Comment