Thursday, March 19, 2015

Do You Know the Cruffin Man?

Last week my friend, Lisa, heard about a place that sells Cruffins (a croissant and muffin fusion). They had sold out one day in 30 minutes so we knew this was no casual breakfast food. We headed to Foxcroft & Ginger near Leicester Square right when they opened. 

We each got a cruffin and then split so we could try two flavours. Lisa got the lemon curd one. It was amazing! The inside was super soft and had a creamy lemon curd filling. On top were bits of a meringue made out of lemon curd. It was unbelievably good. 

I ordered the salted caramel cruffin. It had a caramel filling and then one side was dipped in caramel and chopped nuts. Both cruffins were really good but Lisa and I both thought the lemon curd was the better of the two. 

Foxcroft & Ginger had loads of other gorgeous pastries. We had to wait a few minutes for the cruffins since they weren't out on display yet. We chatted with the two staff members as they set up for the day. They said that some days they sell out of the cruffins and some days they have 6 leftover. While we were eating our cruffins a man came in and said he wanted to buy all the cruffins they had, which were 10 after what we ordered. No wonder they sometimes sell out so fast!

We will definitely be coming back for cruffins another morning. I think next time I might call ahead to be sure that I have a cruffin waiting for me. I'd hate to go all the way into the city at 8am and leave without one! Although I'm sure I could find another delicous breakfast in London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment