Saturday, October 4, 2014

Lost in London and Favourite Grocery Foods

Yesterday, in an effort to meet up with Warren after work I got completely lost in a busy part of town. Luckily, when you are on a main street in London you will eventually come across a large map that shows where you are and what you will come across in a five minute walk and a fifteen minute walk. So I was able to navigate back without too much effort. Just took me two hours to walk there!


Here is a photo of one of the streets in the Knightsbridge area that I had not intended to walk through. 

 The Victoria and Albert Museum that I also had not intended to walk past. *I may have just discovered google+ filters after taking this photo. Image may not represent actual colouring*


Hyde Park where I had intended to walk through. It was much less crowded yesterday than the first time we walked through.   

This may sound foolish, but I think the birds here look so strange! This is just one example. 

Someone told me this week that you need to pay to sit in the chairs the public parks. I didn't believe her until I found this sign. That is pretty pricey, too. $2.50 for under one hour!

The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain used as it was originally intended. The first time we came here it was full of little kids in their underwear running around the fountain and laying in the water as if it was a swim park. 


One new food discovery is the Ploughman's Sandwich. Super popular here, it comes on a variety of breads. It has onion chutney spread, a generous amount of cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise. We have also found why the Brits are so proud of their dairy. Because the milk and cheese are amazing! Seriously, it is just milk but it is really high quality and flavorful! 

We are also crazy about ready made grocery store Indian food. It doesn't sound like it would be very good but it is just as good as take away Indian food. It is also crazy cheap! Chicken tikka masala is on special at Tesco right now and costs £1.65. Then we get naan from Sainsbury's (across the street from each other) for 80p. So the meal feeds both of us for dinner for under $5! Too bad it isn't healthy, but if it was I don't think I'd eat anything else whilst living here. 


This is a little lemon cheesecake called Gu. They are super good! Really tart and creamy. And the funny thing in London is that a lot of things come in glass containers. So we now have quite a few of these little glass containers around the house holding q-tips, candles, and hairbands. 



No comments:

Post a Comment