Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sightseeing Tour

My friend, Jackie, from Omaha was in town this week so on Tuesday we rode around the city on a bus tour. It was amazing! In typical British weather fashion, it rained on and off throughout the day but we still had a great time. 

Here is St Paul's Cathedral. The view from the bus was better than what I can get from the street. 


Here is the Eros statue in Piccadilly Circus. We were there in the morning and it was much less crowded than midday or in the evening. 

We hopped off the bus tour at the Tower of London to see the Poppy exhibit. I hadn't been there since August and it has really expanded since then. By November 11th, there will be 888,246 poppies (one for every soldier who died in World War I).

Our tour included a boat ride on the Thames. Here is a photo of Tower Bridge from the river. 

Here is a photo of Jackie and me on the bus tour.

The bus tour passes were valid for 2 days so on Wednesday my friend Pamela and I rode around on the sightseeing tour. We had lunch at Pitt Cue Co in Soho. 

Pamela and I were really excited to see that they had cream soda on their menu!

Here is my pulled pork bun...
 ...and coleslaw and bone marrow mash on the side. 

2 comments:

  1. Some of those pictures were amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun that Jackie was able to see you on her visit! I continue to enjoy reading about your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete