Sunday, October 12, 2014

Prince Albert Memorial



I want to start this post with a quote from Downton Abbey, Season 4, which I really think sums up the Prince Albert Memorial:

Mrs. Patmore: "Have you arranged where you are going to meet them?"
Ethan Slade: "A place called the Albert Memorial, but ah, will I know it when I see it?"
Mrs. Hughes: "You most certainly will, I can promise you that."

Warren and I went to the Prince Albert Memorial today on our walk through Hyde Park. It is massive, and very grand. 




The gold Prince Albert statue in the centre. 

The Royal Albert Hall is a concert hall immediately across from the memorial. 






On our walk home through Hyde park we also walked by this sculpture titled Physical Energy. 


Near the statue we saw a familiar sight...American Football! 

 I thought it was really funny that there was an ambulance set up so near the site where they were playing football. Technically, the ambulance was for the half marathon in Hyde Park today but I thought it made for a funny photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment