Monday, October 20, 2014

TV Filming and Street Food

I got free tickets to a tv show filming Friday night. The show was The Jonathan Ross Show, a late night talk show. Warren had a late phone call for work so I invited my friend, Pamela. 

Here is the sign for the studio entrance. 

Photography and filming was not allowed but everyone was taking photos after the show was over. Here I am with the set behind me. 

And here are the guests from the show (from left to right): Steve Carrell, Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (a judge on The X Factor and formerly in the girl band Girls Aloud), Jonathan Ross (the host), Mel B (a judge on The X Factor and former Spice Girl), Sir David Attenborough (an English broadcaster), and Paolo Nutini (the musical guest).

The filming took almost two hours plus the time we stood in line. Here is a photo of Pamela and me in the studio. We had a blast!

After the filming, Warren and I met at the Elephant and Castle station because there was a street food festival near there. Here is the elephant from Elephant and Castle.


We tried half of a meatball sub from Capish. It was so fab! It was definitely the best meatball sub I've ever had!


Warren tried "The Poor Boy" at Hank's. I thought this sign was funny since they have a meal deal called "The Louisiana Purchase". The lady at the booth asked where we were from and we said "Nebraska...part of the Louisiana Purchase!"

Here was his sandwich...not as good as the meatball one. I didn't try it because Warren said it was pretty spicy. 

 This was the food vendor I was dying to try! You doughnut makes donut hole sundaes. 

This sundae had donut holes (hot from the fryer), vanilla sugar, salted caramel sauce, sprinkles, and mini marshmallows. It was amazing!

This one was Warren's favourite: donut holes rolled in vanilla sugar, smothered in salted caramel sauce and pecans.



3 comments:

  1. Those doughnut hole sundaes sound/look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you saw Mel B!!!! Tell me what you want what you really want....ha. And loving the food still! I'm gonna return to america fat! Ha

    ReplyDelete